The Washington-Baltimore Mass Spectrometry Discussion Group (WBMSDG) is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the 2019 Young Investigator Travel Awards. Awards will be granted to outstanding young investigators at the undergraduate or graduate student level to support travel to the 67th ASMS Conference in Atlanta, GA. Undergraduate and graduate students in laboratories and institutions traditionally associated with the WBMSDG in the following geographic regions are encouraged to apply: Richmond and Charlottesville, VA to the South and Newark, DE to the North. Three awards will be given. 1st place: $500, 2nd place: $400, 3rd place: $200.
Complete applications consist of the following items:
1. Travel Grant 2019 Application form (includes a checklist)
2. Electronic copy of ASMS abstract
3. Evidence of abstract acceptance by ASMS indicating the presentation format (poster or oral)
4. Curriculum Vitae or Resume
5. Two-page summary of research project (figures can be included)
6. Letter of recommendation from advisor
Applicants should submit Items 1-5 listed above as a single PDF file to Dr. Yan Wang. Item 6 must be sent directly by the applicant’s advisor to Dr. Wang:
Yan Wang, Ph.D.
NIH/NIDCR, Bldg 30, Rm 211
30 Convent Dr., MSC 4370
Bethesda, MD 20892-4370
The deadline for applications is 5:00 PM EST on Monday, April 26th, 2019. A panel of WBMSDG members will act as reviewers. Successful applicants will be expected to give a 10-minute oral presentation at the post-ASMS WBMSDG meeting on June 17th, 2019 at Shimadzu Scientific in Columbia, MD.